Tuesday, April 18, 2006

A Different Kind Of Smart

I doubt that anyone is discovering the video for the first time at this blog, but here is the new Pet Shop Boys single "I'm With Stupid":



: I was a bit worried when I heard that comedy act Little Britain, who I've heard of but never actually seen anywhere before, would be in the video given the direction they could have taken visualizing the Blair/Bush lyrics, but I like what they've done here. Borrowing from the bands most distinct visual era, they take the tech driven "Very" videos as direct inspiration and attempt a crude stage recreation of them. It makes sense to do a stupid video about being with stupid and so by my take on things the video is an all out success. Now I wouldn't normally do this kind of thing, but if you're not a fan of the official video try a homegrown version.

No comments: