Saturday, July 15, 2006

Left To My Own Devices

I had tons of fun playing hours of Pet Shop Boys and reliving my college radio days last night. It was interesting looking back at the mini "reviews" I wrote for the station and noticing that my musical priorities have changed in the past decade. I was far more interested in electronic music as an ahead of the curve as progressive genre in the past where as these days I'm more interested in quality product than pushing the envelope. Perhaps I've come to the conclusion that electronic music has matured as new sub-genres have stopped appearing every couple of years.




On the PSB tip those interested in hearing tracks from the Pet Shop Boys XFM Session that I pulled a track from on the show can click here to listen and The Guardian has a new interview with the Boys where they talk about writing a couple of songs with Robbie Williams and they offer career advice to Brandon Flowers and Pete Doherty.

2 comments:

bardot said...

that pic makes our sound board look pretty decent!
haha

Daft Monk said...

...and it's clearly been dusted recently.