Thursday, June 24, 2004

Terminal

I had the chance to see "The Terminal" yesterday and it was interesting film. I can't say that I loved it, but it was completely involving and a much better than could ever be expected from a stupid premise about a man stuck in an airport. I had been tracking the films progress and didn't think it would actually get made, but I'm glad that it did. Hmm, I'm rambling. The movie is essentially about people who are waiting, which is not the most cinematic of subjects. The best part of the film is the performances. The most consistent criticism, other than sentimentality, is that he doesn't do characters, but he did an excellent job getting great performances out of every actor in the film and giving all the characters their humanity. I'm obviously not expressing my thoughts well, but Ebert did an insightful review that is a little more enthusiastic than my thoughts. Definitely a movie that reasonable people can have different opinions of, but one I enjoyed.

No comments: