Wednesday, June 02, 2004

Shrek 2- Donkey's Revenge

My wife and I caught “Shrek 2” over this past weekend and we both really enjoyed the movie. I was flipping through the imdb comments and someone was talking about the first “Shrek” being, “lauded by both critics and audiences: an uncommon occurrence in today's society” which I find to be amazingly short sighted statement. Popular movies and critical acclaim have almost always had about the same ratio over time, and things have only improved in relative popularity of critical hits with commercial success with the availability reviews and the rise of the information age. It helps to think of things in perspective.
Anyways back to “Shrek 2,” one of my favorite lines (just a side note; I don’t warn about spoilers, because there are no surprises in life) is the giant gingerbread man’s last line in the movie’s narrative. For some reason he quotes ET’s final message and tells the Gingerbread Man to “Be good.” It was just so odd, but I’m into movie referencing overkill, so it’s a good thing.

No comments: