Monday, March 14, 2005

Human After All

In the last couple of days I've had a chance to stream the new Daft Punk album (thanks vh1!) and I've got to say that I'm disappointed. Of course meeting expectations I have for a group like DP are incredibly difficult since I credit them with changing the sound of underground dance music with their first record and sounding the call towards traditional song structures on "Discovery." Still, the record isn't without some great moments. "Robot Rock" and "Human After All" are great tunes with a unique quality to them, but not enough of the album has spark. I'm still planning on buying it.
We've reached a critical point that historians will point to as the moment when Old Navy commercials went from campy to just painfully awful with the new shorts commercial sung the theme of "Fame." Of course it doesn't help that the shorts look like the $3 variety from Kmart.

No comments: