Saturday, January 15, 2005

Shameless

Alright, it's been awhile and there is something I‘ve got to get off my chest. This whole Amber Frey writing a book about her experience with Scott Peterson. Now, I've seen far too much of the Peterson story over the last couple of years, mostly I thought because it was "local" story with the trial taking place a couple towns over in the same complex I got my marriage license, but I've had the misfortune of watching (flicking past really) more cable news in the past few months where the trial got tons of publicity which is totally disproportionate to the amount "news worthiness" of the story (which I believe initially caught on because it's from the relatively small town of Modesto, big enough for a minor league baseball team and a rodeo grounds, where Chaundra Levy was from a couple of months after that whole situation was all over the press). I've gotten far too sidetracked, but during the trial I saw Frey's attorney commenting every day of the trial, which I found really odd because her client wasn't accused of doing anything by anyone at this point, and I figured something must be up. Maybe a book deal? Sure enough, she ended up doing a tell all book about her relationship just days after the trial sentencing. Classless? Completely. At least someone got some profit out of this murder and the endless parade of publicity surrounding it…

No comments: